Sunday, March 18, 2007

Choiceless

Sure, I could float above it all, get philosophical, dwell in the air of who cares, it wouldn't be a lie, I possess all the powers of flight in the realm of the mind, it wouldn't be false, no.

Sure, I could sink into the heartbreak of the vanquished woman, wail the anguish of loneliness, snarl and rage, hang my head and eat at the trough of grief, dead eyed, it wouldn't be a lie, I possess all the powers of penetration into the pains of existence, it wouldn't be false, no.


It is not the truth I am seeking, though that is a worthy goal, nor redemption, acceptance, deliverance, ah, while life courses through me I grow tired of seeking, reacting, expecting. I am a deep pool of water, a cold and icy spring, meandering, a cloud racing across blue skies, approaching the summit, the high places, where words fall away, heart and mind join in the simple act of apprehending what is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home