Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Torch Song

Written in the form of the blues.


Well it's a slow drag
Like hit off cigarette,
It's a slow drag
Haven't reached the bottom yet.

It's a slow drag
Knowing soon I gotta go,
Oh it's a slow drag
I can feel the undertow.

When the net is closing fast,
I cry and I moan,
All the crazy struggle
All the heart alone

I beat the time forever
I crashed the silhouette
It just don't make no difference
I know I lost the bet

And it's a slow drag
Pulls me down and don't let go
Oh it's a slow drag,
Baby feel the undertow.

It's a slow drag
And I know that I'm to blame
Honey it's a slow drag
Ocean can't put out that flame.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nightprowlkitty said...

Well I'm drinking, my friend
To the end
Of a brief episode ...
Make it one for my baby,
And one more for the road ...

Ah, luckydog, top shelf, yeah.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home