Monday, July 28, 2008

Beat Evolutions

imitators
spontaneously
obscured them

form trumped
substance
so

you'd hear
wall street
suit and tie man
saying "far out"

see children
in junior high
wearing
blue jeans
and smoking dope

madison avenue
pounced upon it
like hawk on
dove

suburban housewives
viewed sex and
janice in feathers
with dismay

while human
manifestations
on the haight,
in East Village,

on roads
across america
in every small town

beaten and bludgeoned
and fired like ancient
porcelain

flashing through america
with young legs and
long hair

their stories
still untold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valtin said...

Why do the poetry posting end here? We need more poetry in the world, and more beat flashings of daemon.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hELLO.. I am doing a poetry project for my high school english class and was wondering if i could use this one. Of course, I will give full credit of this to you,

5:24 PM  
Blogger Nightprowlkitty said...

Hey Andy, just saw your comment.

I'd be happy to give my permission to use the poem, hope I responded in time!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home